Vikas Learning Centre
‘VIKAS LEARNING CENTRE’ situated at 308/5, 5th block, Mogappair West, Chennai provides a holistic learning environment for children with special needs. It is a learning centre for children with autism and developmental paediatric neuro disorders.
Every being created is just beautiful! Each has his own purpose but not all are the same. A child with Autism is different but still unique. The Spectrum may not have a cure but can be well managed, while focusing on the abilities of the child.
Every student who enters the portals of Vikas – The Learning Centre evolves into a worthy, self- sufficient, moderately well behaved individual in society. The main focus is on providing Special Education for all the children in the Spectrum.
- The centre focuses on developing a student’s communication skills, social skills and activities of daily living along with academics.
- Children in the early intervention, Pre primary and primary group are divided into two groups. Those who are able to cope up with self care and academics follow a particular grade. In the Intermediate and High Level group children are trained in Functional Living Skills, activity based learning and Functional Academics Skills.
- The holistic approach reduces symptoms and helps the children to function better. Apart from ‘Academics’ attention is paid to.
- Early Intervention care Therapeutic Centre (Multi Speciality holistic therapeutic activities)
- Learning centre for children with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Open school for children with special needs. NIOS Xth and XII
- Work Skill, pre Vocational and Vocational Centre
- Occupational Therapy
- Sensory Integration Therapy
- Early Intervention Therapy.
- Physical Therapy-Neuro Developmental Therapy.
- Speech-Language-Communication Therapy (Verbal & Non Verbal).
- Special Needs Education (Functional Academics)
- Remedial Education for children with Slow Learners, Dyslexia, Hyperlexia, Learning Disabilities.
- Handwriting Training for children with preschool and Dysgraphia.
- Yoga Activities for children with ASD
- Children brain Developmental classes.
- Mid brain and Brain Gym Activities.
- Memory development services.
- Psychological counselling for slow learner, parental guidance and counselling.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- ABA-Applied Behaviour Analysis and Behaviour Modification.
- Social Activities (Structural play activities).
- Work based Skill and Vocational Activities.
- Acupuncture and healing treatment.